6 reasons to travel to Mallorca during winter
Not everyone likes to feel the cold of winter, or go to the mountain for skiing, or any other winter sport. Some of us prefer to enjoy a mild winter, like the one we live in Mallorca, with deserted beaches and viewpoints that waiting to make us the protagonists.
We give you our 6 reasons to visit Mallorca in winter, a different, quieter, and greener winter.
1) We can see some snow in the Sierra de Tramuntana. It is the place that most often gets snow every winter, but sometimes you can see white around the Pla de la Serra de Llevant and even in Palma de Mallorca.
2) Walking on the beach is a fabulous experience, running, stopping for lunch, play with family or friends. No umbrellas are needed to protect from the sun and you can seat anywhere and enjoy the endless sea.
3)Hiking. The days get shorter, but we can take advantage of middle of the day for certain activities. Hiking is one of them and in Mallorca there are hundreds of routes for all walkers, with different levels of difficulty.
4) In summer, it's nice to visit the center of Palma at late afternoon, when the heat is lower. But in winter it is very nice to discover Palma when is sunny, the Royal Palace, the Seu or Cathedral, the Plaza Mayor, the Bellver Castle ... There is much to see in one day in Palma de Mallorca.
5) Cycling. The roads are less crowded. We can visit many places of the island by bicycle and enjoy the best viewpoints to take wonderful pictures. Do not worry about the bike, we can lend you one.
6) Finally, go to Mallorca in winter saves money. The flights are cheaper and hotels.
These are just 6 reasons to travel to Mallorca in winter. I'm sure that after your visit, you will extend this list.